Custom Cube Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[?] Elspeth, Soldier Commander

2 posters

Go down

[?] Elspeth, Soldier Commander Empty [?] Elspeth, Soldier Commander

Post  Pringlesman Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 am

Elspeth, Soldier Commander [I have no idea what to cost this at]
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
Whenever ~ is equipped, all creatures you control gain all abilities that equipment gives.
2/2

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to word this. Basically, I want it to be if Elspeth has a bonesplitter equipped to her, all your creatures are getting +2/+0. If she has a Sword of Fire and Ice on her, all creatures you control get +2/+2, pro red, pro blue, and the two combat triggers. Yes I know how insane she can be, but 1) she requires her to be out, 2) equipment to be out and 3) other creatures to be out. That being said the cost she would probably have to have to be fair would probably make her uncubable.
Pringlesman
Pringlesman
Admin

https://customcube.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[?] Elspeth, Soldier Commander Empty Re: [?] Elspeth, Soldier Commander

Post  Sooru Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:39 pm

My first idea to force at least part of the effect through was to redirect all the damage through Elspeth, something like "Whenever a creature you control would deal damage to a creature, planeswalker or player, instead Elspeth deals that much damage to the creature, planeswalker or player"

That wouldn't count as combat damage though... or actually would it? Do replacement effects retain that characteristic? It would still be white without even more rules text, would need to have more text to account for P/T boosts and other abilities so not practical.

Another way to almost reach the same goal, just copy everything Elspeth has to other creatures you control. Would also affect auras and such but would be easier.

"Each other creature you control has all abilities of Elspeth. Each other creature you control gets +X/+Y where X is Elspeth's power -2 and Y is Elspeth's toughness -2."

Can this be modified to "As long as Elspeth is equipped, each other creature you control has all abilities given to Elspeth by equipment ? And then same for P/T somehow.

Pretty clunky. I really like the idea though, I think ultimately the best would be some custom rule since everyone instantly gets what the point is, with very little chance for misunderstandings from experienced players.

How about equipment tokens? :_D

Sooru

Back to top Go down

Post  Pringlesman Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:07 pm

How about

"All equipments attached to elspeth are also attached to all other creatures you control."
Pringlesman
Pringlesman
Admin

https://customcube.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sooru Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 am

Seems good. Bypasses creatures not being able to be targeted for 'equip action' too! :-D

For mana cost I would suggest Mana 2Mana WhiteMana White, at most Mana 3Mana WhiteMana White. More than that and it would be that much harder to (ab)use in the decks that actually swarm the battlefield and want many equipment cards where this feels at home. It would be more balanced with larger cmc and body as a midrange card but that wouldn't feel very Elspeth to me.

It can and will create huge blowouts but really often it would be just win more compared to Mana 2Mana GreenMana Green Overrun with large armies. The trickiest is that with good equipment this would be insane even with just one other creature. So are any double strike creatures...

On the flipside this isn't something that is super hard to answer -- depending on the equipment in question of course.

If the white version feels hard to balance moving it to red would allow some kind of self mutilation as drawback.

Sooru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down