Custom Cube Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[2W UTILITY] Essence Meld

2 posters

Go down

[2W UTILITY] Essence Meld Empty [2W UTILITY] Essence Meld

Post  xfollowthereaperx Thu May 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Essence Meld
Mana 2Mana White
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast Essence Meld, sacrifice an enchantment.
Search your library for an enchantment card and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

xfollowthereaperx
Admin

Back to top Go down

[2W UTILITY] Essence Meld Empty Re: [2W UTILITY] Essence Meld

Post  BlueBabyDragon Thu May 26, 2011 6:14 pm

while the idea of this card is great, the more I think about it the less I think it will work for a few reasons.
first, even if we 'push' enchantments, there is no way we will have as many enchantments as a Cube would have artifacts realistically. Second, there is 'more to lose' in saccing an enchantment than saccing an artifact as there aren't things like signets in enchantments. Also, it is hard to design strong enchants at low cmc. Lastly, it will be hard to design enchantment 'finishers' that can compete with the likes of Inkwell Leviathanish cards.

With all that said, I would like for it to stay and while we should keep an eye on it, we shouldn't go too far in trying to accomodate it if we decide to keep it.

BlueBabyDragon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xfollowthereaperx Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 pm

I feel the same way Blue, I had posted it because I know we must talk about this card because of the response it had at first. If it were to simply disappear without discussion I feel we would have failed this card.

xfollowthereaperx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum