Custom Cube Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are our goals?

3 posters

Go down

What are our goals? Empty What are our goals?

Post  Pringlesman Fri May 27, 2011 4:59 am

t's a simple question, but I think we should answer it before we get too far into the process.

What is our goal with this project? I know we want to create a custom cube, but if you talk to people on MTGS it's obvious that most people can't even really agree to what a cube really means and what is and is not an appropriate card for a cube.

I don't think anyone wants to make a cube out of 360 Umezawa's Jittes.

My interpretation to this project.

1. We are creating cards of a sufficent power level where if they were printed in a real wotc set, I would at the very least think about playing in a 360-500 card cube.
2. Create simple cards that do one or two things really well.
3. Create cards that embody the feeling that Alpha had. The best way I can describe this is when you look at alpha, you can imagine two wizard's towers and them summoning a black knight and a dragon and throwing fireballs at one another.
Pringlesman
Pringlesman
Admin

https://customcube.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What are our goals? Empty Re: What are our goals?

Post  Lanxal Fri May 27, 2011 7:22 am

I want to design and play with cards which are interesting; I want to make cards which haven't been conceived before or promote interesting game states. Think of me like a Johnny designer/MaRo wannabe. I definitely think the cube should have a fair number of such cards so that games are more interesting. xD

Lanxal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bwian Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 pm

I like your thinking, Pringles. I want creatures and spells that feel iconic. And for the most part, since you have the capability to create everything from scratch, you can do it without making it feel like everything came from different sets from amongst Magic's history, but rather a fully-functional self-contained card game of Magic.

Bwian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum